COMMUNITY HEALTH & WELL-BEING RE: CORONAVIRUS
Our mission at My Fencing Club as always is to create a safer space to enjoy the sport, and so ensuring the safety of our community, our students & staff remains our top priority. We want to keep you updated about the precautions we are taking in the face of COVID-19.
What we’re doing:
To maximize social distancing and create a safe space for fencers and coaches, we will be following the COVID-19 Return to Play Page published by ON Fencing Association. Our safety measures include, but are not limited to the following:
- Fencers and coaches must wear face masks at all times, including under their fencing masks.
- Students’ body temperature will be measured prior entering the room.
- Fencers and coaches will maintain a distance of 2 arms length (approximately 2 meters).
- All students must record their attendance in the attendance sheet, provided by the club. The record will be kept for 8 weeks for contact tracing.
- There will be no sharing of equipment other than weapons.
- Changing rooms will not be used during lessons. Come to the club dressed in clean workout clothing. Clothing should be suitable for public display and to wear under fencing uniforms, such that uniforms can be put on before entering the club without the need for changing rooms.
- All fencers must bring their own water bottle.
- Shaking hands during or after fencing activities is no longer allowed.
- Except for drop-off and pick-up, we will not allow anyone else into the gym, including parents and caregivers. Any unavoidable waiting must be done outside the building.
- No food sharing will be allowed.
- There will be limited participation up to 12 students.
- Students may spend a maximum of 10min prior/after the class in the gym.
Prior to attending a lesson, participants and the staff must do the self-assessment for COVID-19 on the Ontario Ministry of Health website and they should not attend until they pass the assessment and do not have signs and symptoms of COVID-19. This will include the following:
- Self-monitor and be symptom free for at least 14 days prior to any in-person club activity.
- Stay home if you have had close sustained contact in the last 14 days with anyone who was sick or known or believed to have COVID-19.
- Stay home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Provide a note from a doctor stating that you are cleared to participate in club activities if you have had a case of COVID-19.
Any participants or the staff who become ill with COVID 19 symptoms while participating in fencing lessons must go home immediately to self-isolate. If a participant tests positive for COVID-19, their local Public Health Unit (TPH for Toronto residents) will follow-up with close contacts who may include other participants. Other participants who came in close contact with the infected individual may be required to self-isolate.